Liberating Lacey - Anne Calhoun 10 thousand freakin stars.

This books was seriously good. I usually don't like the whole younger guy/older woman thing and I put off reading this for a long time because of it. I am an idiot.

I loved Hunter. What a freaking amazing guy and beyond hot. He's also totally adventurous in bed. And out. I loved how he was so willing to give Lacey so many of her firsts. He was so sweet and patient and brought out her confidence sexually. What I really liked though was that Hunter was not perfect and the author wasn't afraid to show that. Hunter was moody, he had issues, and it was great how the two (Hunter and Lacey) tried to work through those even though they were both terrified of what they were becoming. I liked Lacey too for the most part. My only issue with her was sometimes she seemed too independent. The financial differences between them just seemed insurmountable. He was so uncomfortable about it and I didn't find much authenticity in Lacey's response to it. (and I think this is true with most men. They want to be the one who gives their woman what she wants/needs. And he definitely couldn't afford Lacey's wants.) I get it, she likes her work and she likes making money and blah blah blah, but when he did what he did after he came to this realization I think she could have handled it differently. (But then, where would the conflict and that freaking-fraking twist come from that nearly stopped my heart beating!)

The only other issue I had was that the book ended rather abruptly. I would have liked to see more of...well what happened at the end. (I am a whore for epilogues. Love them. And I really wanted to see what happened to them!) Don't get me wrong, the ending it good. I'm just greedy and wanted MORE.

This book isn't all happiness and roses though. As I mentioned, there is heartbreak, a twist (one which nearly made me throw my Nook across the room.) Lacey came close to making me hate her....but then that tricksy author did something that surprised me AND made me nearly jump up and down.

If you've been putting off this book for a rainy day, I highly recommend it. It has great characters, a well written plot and truly focuses on the hero and heroine's relationship and the hurdles they faced because of not only their age but there backgrounds as well. Can't wait to read more by this author.