The Story Guy - Mary Ann Rivers I'd been hearing about this book for awhile now and it kept coming up in my recommendations. But I'd hesitated because I usually don't like novellas. There isn't usually enough time in one to flesh out the characters.

Well this is definitely not the case with The Story Guy. This book was phenomenal and the author, in about 120+ pages, brings the reader a well-crafted story with characters who are well developed and feel almost real. I know I usually comment on the sex in these books and yeah there is some, and it's hot. But this book is not about the sexy scenes. It's about the heart, the emotion and the healing that comes from finding The One.

I also cried in this story. The ache in my heart as I read about Brian and Carrie, and all the responsibilities Brian had to deal with...it was bittersweet and highly emotional. He thought he only deserved Wednesdays and I'm glad he found Carrie, someone who was there to offer herself, her help, and her love, so he wouldn't feel so alone.

As you can tell I adored this book and highly recommend it to anyone who likes sweet, hot, emotionally charged books. The author hits this combination perfectly and I can't wait to read more of her work in the future.

*This book was a self-purchase and I was not in any way compensated for, or even asked, to review this book. All opinions are my own*