Samson's Lovely Mortal  - Tina Folsom I bought this book when it was free on Amazon and was surprised how much I liked it. I had been staying away from paranormal books of late (my brain was overloaded) and I was nervous, wondering how the author would make the story fresh. I won't go into a synopsis or give anything away, but for anyone looking for a sweet, hot paranormal romance with some suspense, it's a great book. I read Amaury's story (the 2nd in the series) as well, and it's even better. I especially like how the world isn't ridiculously complex. I get annoyed when I need have an appendix handy to remember names of creatures, families, and background of the "world". Don't get me wrong, I like descriptions and details (which this book has right where it needs it) but I don't like to be overwhelmed by it all! As for my rating: writing and style wise it's a solid 4; but any book in a series that is so good I have to go right out and by the second gets an automatic additional star from me! :)