Devil's Bride (Cynster Novels) - Stephanie Laurens I've always been leery of historicals. I don't know why, since I love Pride and Prejudice and well, anything like that when it comes to movies and such. (I love BBC America. And I get all fan girly over someone who just has a British accent. I'm a dork. Don't worry, I know this.)

Anyways, I loved this book. LOVED IT. Now could it be I loved it loads more because I was feeling sentimental at the time from watching my fave movie version of Pride and Prejudice (Oh Colin Firth...*swoons*)? Or perhaps I just needed a break from the loads and loads of contemporaries I have on my Nook and kindle app. I don't know the reason exactly. I just know that reading this book was just what I needed to get out of the slight reading funk I'd found myself in.

Devil clearly had just what I needed. ;P

I know some people have complained about knowing who the bad guy was (some say it was obvious, and it was, in a way), but I enjoyed reading how the characters figured it out. (That's what narrative point of view is after all. Sometimes the readers know more about what is going on than the characters. Just like in the movies or on TV. Don't know why people get so upset about 3rd person narration. It's everywhere! *shakes head*)

I have an extended review on my blog if you want to check it out where I talk more about the awesomeness of Devil and the ab-fab steam level this book exuded.