Dangerous Desire - Annie Seaton I think, after marinating on the book for a few hours after reading, I'll go with three stars. I liked it. I did. I just have a few issues with it.

First, let me say that I loved Jake. He was a strong, protective, not perfect, broody alpha who had his issues but once he realized what a catch Gracie was, he stopped messing around and went for it. Sure, there were miscommunications. And of course they argued. But they also felt an immediate attraction to each and, in their own way, explored that while all heck was breaking loose around them. This was because, I think, even though there is a pretty big suspense plot going on, the author does an excellent job balancing that with the hot romance between Jake and Gracie.

There were a couple things left unexplained or that got under my skin. First, at one point there's a pic of Jake and another woman on his computer. That's never discussed again. It seemed like it was placed there to maybe cause some jealousy or uncertainty, then, nothing.

But that wasn't too big a deal. The big deal for me which keeps this a 3 star book (which is a GOOD rating. It means I like it and I'll read more by this author, so don't take 3 as anything bad!). What kept me from hitting a 3.5 or 4 was that Gracie, too many times, drove me up a freakin wall. One minute she was boring plain Gracie, as she referred to herself. The next she was trying to use her looks and sex to get her way. (And this pissed me for a myriad of reasons.) The next she was keeping things from Jake and unsure whether she could trust him even though he never really gave her any indication that he couldn't. For example, when she mused about whether he might be a criminal, I was all, "What? With everything he's done and said how could you possibly think that?" He wasn't acting shady nor did he try to hurt her, so yeah this sudden, inexplicable "maybe he's a criminal too" bothered me.

And I get it. Gracie was scared, unsure of herself and falling in love. So it'd be normal she acted a bit erratic here and there. But sometimes, the things she did and the danger she put herself in (and by extension Jake) ticked me off. Thankfully, the story and rest of the character development is done well so I was able to look over my issues with Gracie. And by the end, she even grew on me a little bit.

Lastly, I didn't see the twist at the end coming. I don't know how I feel about it. It was definitely a good thing-keeping the reader guessing and such. But still. All that work, effort and putting Gracie in a huge amount of danger, and then it's just all easily wrapped up in a few pages.

Loved the epilogue though. It made me grin madly. Great epilogues can make or break for me and this one absolutely made it!

*I received an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.*